WHO WE ARE
Animal suffering is one of the biggest issues affecting our society today. From climate change to animal cruelty to pets looking for a home, our hands are full of both global and local challenges.
SPCA of NENC is all about making a difference, day after day, 365 days a year. We believe every human being’s responsible for taking care of the creatures around us, big or small. There are so many ways to help, so find yours today.
The SPCA of Northeastern North Carolina provides care to nearly 3,000 homeless companion animals each year. Our organization and your generous support implement every available option to increase adoption rates of healthy and treatable animals in our care. We also provide resources to ensure success in the home after adoptions:
- The SPCA of NENC adoption process is designed to be highly affordable and convenient, made available to anyone prepared to adopt an animal from our care.
- Available animals are updated daily on our web page, Petfinder.com, and other national adoption web pages.
- Our adoption package is designed to set the animal and adopter up for success. This includes age-appropriate vaccinations, microchip, and registration, spay/neuter, a species-appropriate collar.
- In partnership with Petco, Pet Supplies Plus, and Petsense in Elizabeth City.
- Our foster network cares for orphans too young to survive alone, or those that won't thrive in a shelter environment.
- We encourage adult volunteers to come into our shelter to walk dogs and socialize cats, ultimately improving their adoptability.
- The SPCA of NENC Low-Cost Medical Clinics provides affordable spay/neuter services.
- Our Pet Pantry Program provides food to cats and dogs of qualifying households where they risk losing their pet due to economic circumstances.
- The SPCA of NENC Pet Retention Program is designed to keep pets in their home, and to keep families together.
- The Hope Fund was established so that our organization can provide specialized medical treatment for animals who otherwise would be without.